Mareks vaccine

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

budharley
Chick
Chick

Mareks vaccine

Post by budharley » 20 Jan 2014, 20:24

Hi can anybody please tell me where I can purchase the vaccine thanks

laffinfowl
Hen
Hen

Re: Mareks vaccine

Post by laffinfowl » 20 Jan 2014, 22:01

The easiest way as far as i,m aware is if you are a member of a poultry club,they usually buy batches to share between members.
Because they come in large batches the cost would be prohibitive for one person to buy a batch of them and when the are opened they have to be used in a specific time period,hours, again as far as i know.
Maybe someone else knows different but unless things have changed since the last time this question was asked the above is the still the case.
The other thing to consider is if you vaccinate one batch of your birds anything else you either buy in or breed will also have to be done.

Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Mareks vaccine

Post by Henwife » 21 Jan 2014, 10:37

Unless you're running a commercial set-up, don't bother. Interhatch used to do it.
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.