Lump on foot

Here is the section to ask for help and advice on poultry health matters. You should remember that we and our members may not be qualified to diagnose problems with your animals or to prescribe medications. If you are at all worried you should consult a vet. Any advice is just what each member has found to have worked in their own situation and does not constitute a diagnosis from a member of The Poultry Keeper Forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Lump on foot

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 09 Jan 2013, 10:47

Shortly after I got my pair of American Dominiques I noticed the pullet had a lump on the bottom of her foot. My first thought was bumble foot but on closer inspection there was no mark, no limping and no pain when I touched it and it felt fleshy rather than filled with hard or soft pus. Anyway, took her to my vet, just to be sure and he agreed with me, a fleshy lump and to leave it alone - although he did to an (expensive) x-ray, which showed nothing, and gave some antibiotics just in case. Here were a few months down the line and she still has the lump, still the same size, still no marks (she has just been bathed), still no limping and I can still move it without causing her any pain. In fact I had forgotten about till I came to bath her for this Sunday's poultry show! I have a feeling that I may get asked about it on Sunday though!!! Anyone else had this?
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!