Roofing run.

Moderator: Moderators

Rustyroots
Chick
Chick

Roofing run.

Post by Rustyroots » 04 Mar 2014, 21:35

Hi All,

I am hopefully going to start fitting the Onduline roof to my new chicken run this weekend. I have not used it before, the run is 3m wide x 4m long. I was planning on using 2x2 across the width of the pen, set at every 500mm. Then support these with 4x2 running the length of the pen fixed to the fence posts with joist hangers , there will be 2 of these. Has anyone used onduline and if so do you think that there is sufficient support there?

Rusty.

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Re: Roofing run.

Post by drfish » 05 Mar 2014, 11:33

I think 500mm is roughly the generally accepted support. As long as it's fastened down with the proper fasteners, that should be sufficient to keep it's shape I would think.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

Gilly C
Hen
Hen

Re: Roofing run.

Post by Gilly C » 05 Mar 2014, 15:06

we used supports every 40cm if you might need to remove the roof use screws instead of the nails in the cups and if you need to cut it coat your saw in wd40 we have a lean too here in France for 18 months and we also used it to roof the chickens in UK for 5 years never had any problems with it