how often should i feed olive oil?

Moderator: Moderators

NannyP

Re: how often should i feed olive oil?

Post by NannyP » 06 Nov 2013, 22:16

No need to fish for flies, we have loads in this Red Top Fly trap. So, I just have to eat/drink this and I will lose kilos?

son of eddy
Pullet
Pullet

Post by son of eddy » 07 Nov 2013, 07:54

Thats the theory Nanny P, we just need someone to put it into practice so that we can see the full effects. It'll be a cinch to you in France, after all any body that can live on a diet of frogs legs and snails won't blanch at a maggot or two. =D>

Can you do a photographic record just so that we get the full picture. :lol: This could open up a whole new market in weight loss products. Make sure you patent it so that you can sell it to weight watcher. 8) Do they have WW in France? :scratch:

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Post by drfish » 07 Nov 2013, 10:17

I'm not sure how successful you'd be fishing for flies. Maybe better to use the flies to attract fish instead :lol: Unless you're a certain young American boy named 'Daniel Son' and had a trainer called Mr Miyagi, then you could catch them with chopsticks. Flies I mean, not fish. Although you could try it.

Anyway, nowt wrong with a maggot or two in your diet. High protein snack, cheap and easy to produce, and they feel nice when they wriggle inside your bottom lip (yes, I did used to do that when I went fishing in winter). :mrgreen:
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

CP

Post by CP » 07 Nov 2013, 12:15

:puke: :puke:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

NannyP

Post by NannyP » 07 Nov 2013, 17:45

That had only been hanging there for one month. One of 2 as close as possible to our neighbours pigeon house and chickens. These are the flies that didn't come into the kitchen this Sept/Oct.....we've been fighting them for years.

Have sent another letter and copies of the photos to the French equivalent of Environmental Health. Don't hold your breath though, we've just lost a 2 year battle for them to be moved!

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty » 07 Nov 2013, 18:12

Oh NannyP, I had to laugh when I saw the RedTop fly trap photo. We have three hanging in our garden, all full, and I change them every two months. They are the most effective trap I've found but, in the last fortnight, we've suddenly had more flies in the house due to the change of weather. Husband is running around with a fly swat. Local authorities don't want to know (we are near free range chicken houses) ... their attitude is "you're living in the countryside, deal with it". Maybe we should have a competition to see who has the fullest RedTop Fly trap?
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..

son of eddy
Pullet
Pullet

Post by son of eddy » 07 Nov 2013, 19:03

Moriarty wrote:Husband is running around with a fly swat. Local authorities don't want to know (we are near free range chicken houses) ... their attitude is "you're living in the countryside, deal with it".

Maybe your hubby might take an idea or two from this -

Moriarty

Post by Moriarty » 08 Nov 2013, 11:06

ha ha v. good!
my chooks: Sage&Onion, Roger the randy cockerel, Squawkbox, Bonnie 'N' Clyde, Pancakes, Custard, Omelette & EggNog. Plus four garden cats and another half dozen feral ones that I feed. And a nursery of pipistrelle bats in the verandah roof ..