Barnebar

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Heather

Barnebar

Post by Heather » 14 Apr 2007, 22:00

thread for Barnebar

Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by Henwife » 14 Apr 2007, 22:20

I've got three of these - now 23 weeks and awaiting an egg from them -inshallah. Incredibly tame and friendly birds, pretty too.
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.

CP

Post by CP » 15 Apr 2007, 02:24

inshallah
:? :?: :?:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Clucky

Post by Clucky » 15 Apr 2007, 08:47

Chicken Palace wrote:
inshallah
:? :?: :?:
"If Allah Wills" I think :D but don't quote me :lol:

Fenn

Post by Fenn » 15 Apr 2007, 09:42

'If Allah wills it' :D

My little Barnebar is very cute and VERY tiny - she's 4 days old today :D It's Henny's fault - I saw hers and fell in love :D

Pyxel
Chick
Chick

Post by Pyxel » 15 Apr 2007, 13:05

Is a barnebar a cross between a barnevelder and a barred plymouth rock? I'd love to see some pictures.

Henwife
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by Henwife » 26 Apr 2007, 10:14

The best photos of these are on The Poultry Garden website, under Chick to Chook, on the thread 'sexing birds @ 5 months' started by vickytom
Guinea fowl & a lot of surplus poultry equipment.

Pyxel
Chick
Chick

Post by Pyxel » 28 Apr 2007, 16:25

Lovely birds Henwife - thanks for directing me there, although there's still no autosexing breed that tops the cream legbar for me, or any other breed for that matter.

tuzo2k

Post by tuzo2k » 10 Jun 2007, 07:16

We also prefer the Cream Crested Legbar compared to the other autosexing breeds - and we had quite a few different types when in the UK. We have kept Cream Crested for many years now and actually brought eggs to France with us to keep our line pure. We are coming to the UK late August and are hoping to find another 'pure' strain. How long have you had yours and where did they come from if you don't mind me asking? Richard and Jan

Pyxel
Chick
Chick

Post by Pyxel » 10 Jun 2007, 15:24

I've had my original pair since March and I got these from Carlisle sale. I got 4 other young hens to go with these about a fortnight ago from a local breeder. I'm hoping to breed some this year, either using a broody or I might have to get hold of an incubator if I leave it too late. Looking forward to breeding them.

grracee

Re: Barnebar

Post by grracee » 01 Jan 2009, 20:53

I have two Barnebar's and one Cream Legbar. I brought them when they were 10 days old, i think they were 11 days in the first two pictures and in the other ones they are about 5 weeks. Penny, Pip and Poppy :)

Wilt
Pullet
Pullet

Re: Barnebar

Post by Wilt » 03 Mar 2010, 16:49

Chickens, are also food for the soul!

http://www.coachhousecochins.com