Vorwerk

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

rubychik

Post by rubychik » 12 Sep 2006, 10:42

he was very handsome!

AtomicRooster
Hen
Hen

Post by AtomicRooster » 12 Sep 2006, 16:26

Got in be for you did Fenn :) Sadly not old age :( :( CP will tell you all. I was made to go in the loft :smt079 will be more pics soon

CP

Post by CP » 19 Sep 2006, 12:05

will be more pics soon
Well there would have been if the scanner hadn't just expired!! :evil:
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Old Man of the 80's

Post by Old Man of the 80's » 20 Sep 2006, 12:31

Grrr

Sparklepeeps

Post by Sparklepeeps » 12 Mar 2007, 01:21

Old Man of the 80's wrote: What are the eggs like?
I have just received two for the incubator, they are medium sized cream eggs, one is very glossy, the other matt so I am not sure which is more likely. I would say the ones I have are on the smaller side of medium.

P.S. Can anyone phonetically (sp? :oops: ) spell the way you pronounce this breed for me please. I guess as I could potentially be to owner of a pair of them, I had better gen up about the breed!

nigel
Hen
Hen

Post by nigel » 12 Mar 2007, 17:13

vorwerk - VOR WORK
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use
-Kirkegaard

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 12 Mar 2007, 17:31

Respectfully, is that not a German word? If so, "For Verk" is what a German would say.

Kated

CP

Post by CP » 12 Mar 2007, 17:39

Don't know if it's correct, but everyone I know pronounces it as Nigel has posted. :wink:

Words in different languages can be mispronounced but still understood. Bit like Volkswagen - how would a German say that? And how do we say it? :oops:

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 12 Mar 2007, 17:48

Sorry, now I read that post again it just looks like I'm showing off :oops:

Have loved Vorwerks since forever, but never heard anyone in this country say the name, so guessed it must be "Forverk"

Kated

CP

Post by CP » 12 Mar 2007, 17:52

Didn't think that at all kated. :roll: You may be correct! :)

I don't really know for sure, just that I say it as Nigel posted & so do others I know. :wink:

Old Man of the 80's

Post by Old Man of the 80's » 25 Mar 2007, 20:21

A few piccies of my three. The girls have just started laying. Next step, hatching some out.....

OK, I've just previewed this and the pictures are too small. I will have a play around later and see if I can make them any bigger. Until then, proper sizes are on my gallery page (Ed Turner)

fairislefaerie

Post by fairislefaerie » 25 Mar 2007, 21:09

I have 6 eggs ordered from one source, now need to find another so we can get wee breeding group going if we gets lucky & gets both hens & roo's

Angela

Old Man of the 80's

Post by Old Man of the 80's » 25 Mar 2007, 21:17

I might be able to help you out there. PM me if you are interested.

fairislefaerie

Post by fairislefaerie » 25 Mar 2007, 22:08

I will do !! Thanks

leghorn_guy

Post by leghorn_guy » 31 Dec 2007, 15:32

kated wrote:Respectfully, is that not a German word? If so, "For Verk" is what a German would say.

Kated
right!!
i have a trio (1cock and 2 hens), they are beutiful beautiful, very hardy and good foragers, but they are a little arrogant...especially the cock, he's agressive with other chickens and he f****d my leghorn rooster!!!!