whats the safe age to worm young birds?

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

whats the safe age to worm young birds?

Post by jillychick » 27 Aug 2014, 18:02

I need to worm my hens but I have a 14 week old pullet and cockeral in with them. is it safe to worm them all together or should I wait a few weeks?
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.

sunnys
Hen
Hen

Re: whats the safe age to worm young birds?

Post by sunnys » 28 Aug 2014, 08:54

they will be fine. doubt if they need worming at that point but it won't do them any harm. my prefrence is to worm all birds in outdoor pens same week irrespective of cage as at least it means you get everyone -and no one is sitting there as a little worm haven repopulating worm stocks .

jillychick
Pullet
Pullet

Re: whats the safe age to worm young birds?

Post by jillychick » 28 Aug 2014, 09:31

Ok thanks will get on with it, the older hens are due for worming just wondered about the young ones in with them
1 very lovely Golden Retriever 2 Dutch Rabbits ( belonging to my grandson ) no snobs in my bunch of hens 2 Ambers. 1Black Tail 2 Copper marans. 4 White Leghorns 1 Gold Top constantly broody! Nugget the cockerel and his sister petal
Oh and a very lovely husband who puts up with my pets because he loves me very much.