chicken jumper pattern ...anyone got one ?

Moderator: Moderators

layla

chicken jumper pattern ...anyone got one ?

Post by layla » 17 Nov 2010, 11:28

I have a bluebelle who this year is naked due to extreme feather moult ..anyone got any patterns for a jumper ? pleeeeeeeese :)

jojosarah

Re: chicken jumper pattern ...anyone got one ?

Post by jojosarah » 17 Nov 2010, 11:37

chicken jumper.jpg
ChickenJumpers0030.jpg
some styles for you :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crazypianolady
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by crazypianolady » 17 Nov 2010, 11:40

layla wrote:I have a bluebelle who this year is naked due to extreme feather moult ..anyone got any patterns for a jumper ? pleeeeeeeese :)

I know it seems like a good idea, but if you make sure your girl is properly fed, and has a dry, draft free coop to sleep in, she'll be fine, honest! :)

layla

Post by layla » 17 Nov 2010, 11:57

thank you for your reply, its just such a shock seeing her and its sooooo cold out during the day wet and windy .They are of course in a draft free building and have food 24/7 . it may not have been such a good idea after all as she would b walking around in a sodden jumper judging by recent weather .thanks anyway everyone :)

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 17 Nov 2010, 15:29

I found that the colder it was, the quicker the feathers seem to grow! Nature's way I guess!

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 17 Nov 2010, 16:12

Meal worms in their diet to give them protein for the feathers to grow.

impis

Post by impis » 18 Nov 2010, 07:55

I have a pattern for chicken jumpers, but they're not that practical, to be honest. Our hens managed to catch their toenails on the jumpers and trip up - so I wouldn't really consider leaving the birds unattended while wearing them. [Which kinda defeats the object, really, doesn't it?] They do look cute, though.