I need help to keep and raise ducks! Pls somebody!

If you also want your own fruit and veg, as well as eggs and chickens, here's the area to discuss it.

Moderator: Moderators

aplusads21

I need help to keep and raise ducks! Pls somebody!

Post by aplusads21 » 27 May 2009, 17:11

Hello

Recently i completed a short course on Poultry. During the course we mainly focused on Broiler Layer meat and egg production brooding of day old chicks and related matters of chicken layer and broiler hens. There was no information about ducks other then that ducks only have 2 disease. Duck cholera and duck plegue. They are powerful then hens in terms of disease resistance. They lay 250-300 eggs for 3 years and they collect their 70% food from Pond. Their wastage is food of pond and fish. There is khakhi Campbell and Indian Runner in our country plus a pakistani duck strain.

I want to setup a duck keeping and raising firm with 2000 ducks.

First i do not have any kind of pond.

I want to keep them in 5000 square feet Poultry shade. And then i want to arrange 2feet deep water for them around the firm. My question is how can i setup such indoor pondless firm for ducks. I need image reference info or video about it. Space requirement etc. I have about 15000 square feet land area with 5000 square feet poultry shade. At first i thought to do broiler firm there. But now i want to switch to ducks.

Somebody please help with duck housing and water without pond. Also how much i should feed to a laying duck per day. WHat to feed her per day etc.

THank you in advance. [-o<

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: I need help to keep and raise ducks! Pls somebody!

Post by kated » 27 May 2009, 17:47

Hi there and welcome. This forum is essentially for hobby poultry keepers so won't be much help but you might try this link:

http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/Broiler%20duck.htm

I hope this helps and good luck in your endeavours!

aplusads21

Post by aplusads21 » 29 May 2009, 17:29

:^o thank you very much

but that link is for meat duck production.

I need info how to keep laying ducks without pond 4-5 months old and feed them.

I need info about laying duck housing and water arrangement without pond.

thank you [-o<

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 29 May 2009, 18:46

I'm sorry aplusads21, I can't help you. The information you need will be out there for sure. Maybe this one's better.......

http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/guideli ... rs_duc.htm