I'm livid!

Anything totally off-topic and chatty can go here, without any worries.

Moderator: Moderators

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

I'm livid!

Post by kated » 10 Feb 2018, 11:49

Went to buy a bucket of rat poison today to be told "only if you have a smallholder's licence"! I am limited to 200g at a time so pay exorbitantly for the privilege!

Rant over.

CP

Re: I'm livid!

Post by CP » 10 Feb 2018, 12:29

Does that mean you have to have a licence to have a smallholding now? Not that I have one anyway but I've never heard of it before.
I usually buy rat poison online & it is rather expensive anyway, but needs must, especially as the local council doesn't have a rat man (person) any more. (obviously council properties no longer have a rat problem..... :lol: )
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: I'm livid!

Post by kated » 10 Feb 2018, 13:09

I have since had a look at farming forums and it seems you can buy 1.5kg before they need to ask for something. A lot of grumpy farmers as you can imagine. It needs a LANTRA certificate to get more, not a smallholder's licence, which doesn't seem to exist. Shop lady didn't know any better.

There seem to be others but this would do: https://www.lantra.co.uk/awards/product ... al-rodents

It's yet another way of extracting money from us for things which have worked perfectly well in the past without such interference.